London.pm Server for Mailing List and Web Site

Tom Hukins tom at eborcom.com
Tue Feb 12 08:44:08 GMT 2013

Hi all,

London.pm runs its mailing lists, Web site and IRC bot from a FreeBSD
jail called windmill kindly hosted by Exonetric.

The server running this jail is very old, so Exonetric have also
provided us with a much newer FreeBSD 8 jail that various people have
done some work on migrating us to.

However, as far as I can tell work on this has stalled.  I want to put
my energy for the group into organiastional tasks and I suspect others
have other things they would rather do.

Before I start thinking about moving away from our own server to
standard pm.org infrastructure I thought I should ask whether anyone
wants to complete the work done so far.

Please note, I'm not asking for alternative offers of hosting.  We
have a server.  We just don't seem to have people willing to
configure, update and maintain a server.  I have no problem with that,
but I thought I should check this is the case before changing
anything.

Tom