More advice about becoming a freelance Perl programmer

AJ Dhaliwal adhaliwal34 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 16:34:30 GMT 2013

Hello,

Thanks to Peter Corlett for your reply to my earlier message. I am
starting a new message because my previous message was a reply to an
existing thread and that has messed up the threads on my mail system.

As advised by Peter I have not attached my documents but made my CV and
portfolio available to those who want them here:

http://www.bramrockton.com/about_aj.html

I have spent the last 2 years working on LAMPP. Linux, Apache, MySQL,
PHP and Perl. By Linux I mean Ubuntu. By PHP I mean Drupal 7.

The last 2 years have been a change in direction for me as I was working
on .NET and Microsoft systems for 3 years prior.

I have used Perl a great deal over the last 2 years for scripting,
database work, building a time management site and an IT survey site. I
enjoy using Perl and would like to use more of it for work.

I hope someone can kindly help me with these questions
1) How can I go about finding work?
2) What should I charge per hour?

I think the best option for me might be to freelance for an established
company or individual but I don't know where to start finding these people.

Thank you for your time
AJ Dhaliwal