New perl features?

Alex Balhatchet kaoru at
Fri Mar 15 12:39:57 GMT 2013

On 15 March 2013 12:28, DAVID HODGKINSON <davehodg at> wrote:
> Is there a cookbook (no, not a manual) of shiny, useful new features
> in perls since 5.8.8?

I think there's been a fairly consistent Perl Workshop or YAPC talk
(and accompanying set of slides) each year that generally covers

Perl 5.10 (acme) -

Perl 5.12 (acme) -

Perl 5.14 (Andrew Shitov) -

Perl 5.16 (Pavel)

Not exactly a cookbook, but a good summary of the new features added.

Also I've been checking the perldelta files each time (eg.
and I don't think any major release has made perl *slower*, so if your
intention is to sell perl upgrades to management that's always a good
line :-)

- Alex