Raising Perl awareness on Tiobe + Wikipedia, etc.

Mallory van Achterberg stommepoes at stommepoes.nl
Wed Mar 20 09:55:15 GMT 2013

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 04:58:38PM +0800, AJ Dhaliwal wrote:
> Good points. I wonder about node.js. JS was designed to be a
> scripting language. Aren't they pushing it too far with node.js? I
> admit I have only heard about it and don't have an in depth
> understanding of their approach.

Javascript has a dark and sordid past, but today it's finally getting
on-par with most other programming languages. Getting MVC and testing
frameworks and 1.8 adding basic things Javascript lacked since forever
for example. They've even added in Python's list comprehensions and
generators, though I haven't seen anyone using those yet.

-Mallory