A stranger arrives in town ...

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Fri Mar 22 08:07:19 GMT 2013

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 06:44:27PM -0400, James E Keenan wrote:

> Which 'The Gunmakers'?
>
> Use of a prominent Internet search engine suggests that there are at
> least two such public facilities in areas plausible for invasion by
> London.pm.

The on in Eyre Street Hill, off Clerkenwell Road:

http://london.randomness.org.uk/wiki.cgi?Gunmakers%2C_EC1R_5ET

What that doesn't say is that there's also a private room upstairs (above
the front bar), which some groups (including london.pm) sometimes get to use.
The tricky bit being that it's up the stairs past the sign that says
"staff only".

The solution is to ask the bar staff where the London Perl Mongers are, as
they know who we are (and are very nice), and will direct you upstairs if
that's the right place.

Nicholas Clark