API wrapper best practices?

Dave Hodgkinson daveh at hodgkinson.org
Sat Mar 23 16:01:43 GMT 2013

So I'm writing an interface to an API. It's a simple info request one.
What top tips do we have for writing one that doesn't suck? I'd
just go for a new that takes the auth info, methods to go fetch
the information and being lazy, just let the data be accessible
through the selfish hash.

I'm not going to create objects for all the data objects at this point
nor accessors for the individual fields. Well, maybe a few key ones.

Suggestions for anything better, lazier, more modern?