API wrapper best practices?

Ashley Hindmarsh ash+perl at best-scarper.co.uk
Sun Mar 24 13:13:54 GMT 2013

> Message: 1
> Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 09:59:37 +0000
> From: Dave Cross <dave at dave.org.uk>
> Subject: Re: API wrapper best practices?
> To: london.pm at london.pm.org
>
> On 03/23/2013 08:50 PM, DAVID HODGKINSON wrote:
> > Are there any tutorial type docs for Moose Meta the way you used it or
> > which man page should I be able to work it out from?
>
> Perhaps a course...
>

> http://perlschool.co.uk/courses/object-oriented-programming-with-perl-and-moose/
>
> :-)
>
> Dave...

Actually I was about to point at something Moose-y that exercises a public
API, such as DC's Net::Songkick.

I was playing with this last year, and it's nice, but you always feel that
you shouldn't need to roll your own classes.

I guess the holy grail is something that takes the API schema and builds
the classes on-the-fly, and is closer to what Dave Hodg is after.

  Ash