API wrapper best practices?

Dave Cross dave at dave.org.uk
Sun Mar 24 14:09:13 GMT 2013

On 03/24/2013 01:13 PM, Ashley Hindmarsh wrote:
> Actually I was about to point at something Moose-y that exercises a public
> API, such as DC's Net::Songkick.
>
> I was playing with this last year, and it's nice, but you always feel that
> you shouldn't need to roll your own classes.

Yeah. While writing it I was always painfully aware that there *should*
be an easier approach. But I never worked out what it is.

All of which explains why Net::Songkick is now rather out of date
compared to the API it models.

> I guess the holy grail is something that takes the API schema and builds
> the classes on-the-fly, and is closer to what Dave Hodg is after.

That would be lovely. I'll take a look at SPORE.

Cheers,

Dave...

Dave Cross :: dave at dave.org.uk
http://dave.org.uk/