A stranger arrives in town ...

David H. Adler dha at panix.com
Mon Apr 8 22:37:22 BST 2013

On Fri, Apr 05, 2013 at 09:12:58PM +0100, DAVID HODGKINSON wrote:

> On 5 Apr 2013, at 19:01, James E Keenan <jkeen at verizon.net> wrote:
> >
> > I just want to confirm that I'll be arriving in London tomorrow (Sat Apr 6) and be looking forward to meeting london.pm-ers on Mon Apr 8 at 6:30 pm at The Gunmakers on Eyre Street Hill.
> >
> > Any change of plans (or if anyone wants to get together sooner than Monday night), please email me, as I probably won't have a working cell once I step on the plane.  Will be headed to Lancaster for QA hackathon later in the week
> >
> > Thank you very much.
> > Jim Keenan
>
> Pay as you go SIM cards are very cheap. Go into one of those
> mobile phone shops at random. Don't listen to whining about
> which one sucks: they all do.

Yep. When I was last in London, I went to... Cellphone Warehouse? and
said, in effect, "cheap phone and sim card. gimme." They did, and all
was well with the world a far as being able to make and receive calls.
And that was on Christmas Eve Day. :-)

dha

--
David H. Adler - <dha at panix.com> - http://www.panix.com/~dha/