PDF creation?

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 09:12:44 BST 2013

On 21 April 2013 20:06, Leo Lapworth <leo at cuckoo.org> wrote:
> On 21 April 2013 12:51, Roger Bell_West <roger at firedrake.org> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Apr 21, 2013 at 07:43:11AM -0400, Mark Fowler wrote:
>> >I know I'm going to want to create the document from scratch, not fill in
>> >template, and I'm probably going to want multi-line text and basic drawing
>> >(a horizontal line or two)
>>
>> I tend to use PDF::API2: now unmaintained, but gets the job done.
>>

> PDF::API2++ # if you want lots of control
>
> I've got some code at work we'd really like to open source - just takes
> someone
> extracting the work specific bits from it - which wraps it in moosey
> goodness with a bit of a layout framework added in.

Nice.

I've been using PDF::Report (which wraps PDF::API2, and allows you to
jump down to PDF::API2 directly if needed) for work projects which was
unmaintained but I now have PAUSE COMAINT on it, and have some fixes
and updates in github for it.

The code I've been working on at work isn't Moosey, but is OO and uses
styles and makes layout fairly easy, I don't know if it's likely to be
open sourced, but I'd be interested in collaborating with Leo or
anybody else with an eye for moving from an internal API to a more
standard CPAN module.

Cheers,

A.

--