Alternative sources of Perl programmers

Richard Foley richard.foley at rfi.net
Tue May 14 08:34:13 BST 2013

One thing to bear in mind is that remote-working does NOT suit everybody.

It's not about lounging around watching TV or mowing the lawn. It is about
being able to organize your day so ALL your jobs get done, without having the
hassle of the commute. On the negative side, some people find having their work
at home means they are unable to separate their work/private time, others miss
the colleague contact. It's not all roses.

On the plus side, being able to mow the lawn in the time you used to commute is
a bonus. Working in a (presumably) comfortable environment is nice. Having more
time to be around your kids, if you have a young family, is a plus too. Having
a dedicated work room/office space where you can shut the door, if only
metaphorically, is almost essential for separating work and play though.

And of course, as Dilbert found out after 4 days of remote-working, if you go
to work naked nobody cares ;)

--
Ciao

Richard Foley