Alternative sources of Perl programmers

Paul Johnson paul at
Tue May 14 16:40:22 BST 2013

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 03:54:07PM +0100, Aaron Trevena wrote:
> On 14 May 2013 15:20, Ben Vinnerd <ben at> wrote:
> > On 14 May 2013 15:02, Dominic Humphries <djh at> wrote:
> >
> >> 50 miles? Luxury! I have to do sixty! :)
> >>
> > Indeed. My previous contract was 223 miles, each way! (I became Travelodge
> > guest of the year during that gig!! lol)
> 223?
> Pah! my last contracting gig was 682 miles each way (Threemilestone,
> Cornwall to Groningen, Netherlands)

I can just about better that with 707 miles (Zurich to Bristol) a few
years ago.

But to echo what has been said before, work from home, decent money and
mail to  Yes, there are caveats, some of which are
different to the caveats for onsite hiring, but it's a good solution for
some people and for some companies.  And I think I'm quite safe in
saying for more companies than are currently working that way.

Paul Johnson - paul at