Alternative sources of Perl programmers

Abigail abigail at abigail.be
Wed May 15 19:42:07 BST 2013

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 12:06:33AM +0800, AJ Dhaliwal wrote:
> Damian (and Dave cross) disagree with you on that one. A week with them
> is worth more than a year's actual experience.

Doubtful.

There's a lot more to making a good programmer than knowing the language,
just like being a spelling bee doesn't make you a good novelist.

When I'm looking for a good Perl programmer, whether the candidate knows
Perl or not doesn't matter much (of course, if the candidate claims to
know Perl, (s)he better shows (s)he knows the language); for a good
programmer, learning a new language should not be a problem.

Abigail