npm, PyPi overtake CPAN

James Laver james.laver at gmail.com
Fri May 24 07:30:25 BST 2013

On 24 May 2013, at 01:31, Paul Makepeace <paulm at paulm.com> wrote:

> I'm sure there's plenty of caveats etc but the gradients is probably what's
> most interesting here; CPAN is relatively static compared with, well, all
> the others.

How about the caveat of utility? Whilst npm has a reasonable SNR and gems has so many modules that there are enough useful ones hidden there, pypi is mostly full of crap and not useful when you want to achieve something.

That said, egg basket makes it remarkably easy to host your own mini-pypi server for darkpan you've generated