[ANNOUNCE] London Perl M[ou]ngers June Social - 2013-06-06 - Bridge House SE1 2UP

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Wed Jun 5 18:28:38 BST 2013

Hi,

For June's social we are returning to an old favourite that we've ignored for too long, the Bridge House. Nestled away just to the south of Tower Bridge, it somehow avoids the hordes of tourists and does a rather excellent pint and nice food. We will be at the rear of the main bar.

You can get to the Bridge House by public transport by going to London Bridge station and walking east along Tooley Street, or alternatively go to Tower Hill or Tower Gateway stations and cross Tower Bridge. It's about a 7-10 minute walk in either case. There are also many busses that go right past the pub.

Bridge House
218 Tower Bridge Road
London SE1 2UP
http://london.randomness.org.uk/wiki.cgi?Bridge_House,_SE1_2UP

Standard blurb:

Social meets are a chance for the various members of the group to meet up face
to face and chat with each other about things - both Perl and (mostly) non-Perl
- and newcomers are more than welcome. The monthly meets tend to be bigger than
the other ad hoc meetings that take place at other times, and we make sure that
they're in easy to get to locations and the pub serves food (meaning that
people can eat in the bar if they want to). They normally start around 6.30pm
(or whenever people get there after work) and a group tends to be left come
closing time.

If you're a newcomer or other first timer (even if you've been lurking on the
mailing list or on IRC) then please seek our Glorious Leader Tom out - we have
a tradition that the leader of this motley crew buys the new people a drink and
introduces them to people.