New pet keeping rules in the Netherlands

Th. J. van Hoesel th.j.v.hoesel at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 14:28:47 BST 2013

Op 20 jun. 2013, om 14:08 heeft Wendy G.A. van Dijk het volgende geschreven:

> At 11:36 PM 6/19/2013, Damian Conway wrote:
> >> The discussion is in the Dutch Parliament and it's committees.  Maybe a bit
> >> far out of reach for you....  :-)
> >
> >Not really: I do live in New Holland, after all.
> >(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Holland_%28Australia%29)
> >
> >;-)
> >
> >Damian
>
> Even though the Dutch parliament is in the province of South-Holland, that parliament also contains people from other provinces that are not Holland.  Well, some are of North-Holland.  Most are from elsewhere, like Gelderland (our largest province, where I am from), Limburg (where we live now), Noord-Brabant (where Liz lived for 14 years), Zeeland (where we really don't want to live) etc.  I am so not from Holland and so happy with it...
>
> Wah, New Holland?  In the Dutch parliamant?  :-)

Yeah, maybe we will finally have a 'New Holland' ourselfs if the idiots put together the three provinces 'FlevoLand', 'Utrecht' and 'North-Holland'... yay.... for that reason only, I would vote for a combining off those three - but only if they would call it 'Nieuw Holland' ... and for inhabbitants of 'North-Holland' they can still write 'NH'