Heathrow & Pushchair on BA

Smylers Smylers at stripey.com
Mon Jul 8 07:21:35 BST 2013

Hello there. We've just booked a flight and have a couple of questions
about it, which I was wondering if anybody who's flown from Heathrow
terminal 5 or travelled with a pushchair on BA before will be able to
help with.

How long do we need to allow for getting through terminal 5? We don't
want to set our alarms unnecessarily early and have to fill time at the
airport, but obviously we don't want to miss our flight either.

The booking information says that we need to drop bags off by 45 minutes
before departure and have entered security at least 35 minutes before
departure. Any guidance for translating this into 'time by which we need
our Tube to have arrived at the platform' gratefully received. We'll
have bags to drop off, and ideally will be avoiding stairs and
escalators.

Our other question is about flying with buggies, especially with BA. The
flight information says our baby can take "one fully collapsible
pushchair (stroller)" in addition to his checked luggage allowance. Does
this mean the pushchair gets handed in with the checked luggage, and we
have to carry him through security and the gate without?

Also, any idea if "fully collapsible" means something different from
"collapsible" to BA -- does our buggy have to be particularly small when
folded in order to be allowed on at all?

Thanks for any advice.

Smylers
--
Stop drug companies hiding negative research results.
Sign the AllTrials petition to get all clinical research results published.