Which modules do you "allow" yourself to use for production?

Pierre M piemas25 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 19:45:28 BST 2013

As i was asking for advice in a previous email, Dirk Koopman wrote:
"Use the lowest impact perl from the beginning (that probably means
avoiding Moose, Catapole et al)."

I understand that this means: "avoid modules with lots of dependencies". Is
that right? I thought Moose only slowed things down at compile time, am i
wrong?
What is the negative impact of using it for a web-app?

Until now i've been working on a personal project, using everything that i
fancied. Would (any of) you advise not to use any of these in production
code?
Moo
Method::Signatures
invoker ( to type   $->a_method()   instead of   $self->a_method()   )
Util::Any
IO::All
Syntax::Feature::Junction
autobox
boolean

I'd be happy to get rid of most of them, but it would be hard for me to
stop using Moo and Method::Signatures. Because invoker is not widely used
and maintained, i'll check if i can easily stop using it (ack it away).
That would mean using it, without taking much risk if i needed to get rid
of it some day.

Your impressions?

Pierre