September social

David Cantrell david at
Sat Aug 31 21:17:20 BST 2013

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 07:59:22PM +0100, Peter Corlett wrote:

> King's Arms, SE1 1YT (London Bridge):

Gets my vote.

> The Sultan, SW19 1BN (Collier's Wood)

It's very appealing, but a silly suggestion for a normal social as it's
too far out.  I decree an ORIGINAL AND BEST social there on the 1st of
May 2014.

> The Melton Mowbray, EC1N 2LE (Chancery Lane)

It's an alright pub, but a bit of an echoey barn. I vote against because
I can't hear people talking in it, unless we're in the basement bar.

> The Gunmakers (Farringdon):
> We know it well. Are we sick of it yet?

I don't go to enough socials to be sick of it, but one of the reasons I
don't go is because "oh, it's the Gunmakers again, which is mildly
inconvenient for me".

David Cantrell |

Us Germans take our humour very seriously
  -- German cultural attache talking to the Today Programme,
     about the German supposed lack of a sense of humour, 29 Aug 2001