Perl publishing and attracting new developers

Paul LeoNerd Evans leonerd at
Wed Sep 18 16:12:53 BST 2013

On Wed, 18 Sep 2013 15:57:27 +0100
Jason Clifford <jason at> wrote:

> I wonder whether part of the answer to this question lies in the fact
> that the things that could be covered in Perl books about frameworks,
> Moose, etc are fairly well documented and that the documentation is
> easily available.
> Why should I spend money on books which wont necessarily contain
> anything that I cannot already get more conveniently and at less
> expense by reading the POD?

Perhaps that just suggests that any such book needs to be more about
vague concepts that were as applicable five years ago as now and such
are likely to still be in five years time. Individual modules come and
go; it's the bigger concepts that tend to stay.

Paul "LeoNerd" Evans

leonerd at
ICQ# 4135350       |  Registered Linux# 179460