Perl publishing and attracting new developers

Elizabeth Mattijsen liz at
Wed Sep 18 16:47:45 BST 2013

On Sep 18, 2013, at 5:21 PM, gvim <gvimrc at> wrote:
> On 18/09/2013 16:10, Elizabeth Mattijsen wrote:
>> Don't forget Ovid's "Beginning Perl",  :-)
> More generic Perl books. Exactly what we don't need.

Disagree.  The author has put a lot of effort into making a *new* introductory book about modern Perl.

Your easy dismissal of that effort may be exactly the reason why you don't see more Perl books.  If the community itself cannot appreciate the effort put into them, how can you expect the public at large outside of the echo chamber to appreciate them?