Perl publishing and attracting new developers

Paul LeoNerd Evans leonerd at
Wed Sep 18 17:35:01 BST 2013

On Wed, 18 Sep 2013 17:20:28 +0100
gvim <gvimrc at> wrote:

> Network Programming with Perl (maybe an update from Lincoln Stein)
This one I could easily cover as you'll be wanting to do it async (see

> Analysing Big Data with Perl
"Big data" generally implies noSQL or similar - perhaps see Cassandra,
a database I've just been hacking on and am writing a proper Perl
connector module for. Which is async. Using futures. Which is very much
the way Cassandra seems to be going in all of its language bindings.

Paul "LeoNerd" Evans

leonerd at
ICQ# 4135350       |  Registered Linux# 179460