Robot turtles

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Mon Sep 23 13:58:12 BST 2013

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 01:43:15PM +0100, Mark Keating wrote:
> On 23/09/2013 13:22, Joel Bernstein wrote:
> > On 23 September 2013 13:39, Nicholas Clark <nick at ccl4.org> wrote:
> >
> >>      Robot Turtles is a board game you play with your favorite 3-8 year
> >>      old. It sneakily teaches programming fundamentals.
> >>
> > I'm not aware of any 3-8 year olds in this group, am I missing the point?
> >
> > /joel
> Really, I can think of quite a few people whose behaviour clearly places
> them in that age bracket ;)
>
> But i agree with Nicholas, i have a 3 year old and I want him to be a
> rockstar-actor-programmer to look after me in my dotage, which is
> actually already here, so the younger he starts earning the better.

To be honest, I'm not certain about any of those careers. Even programmers.

Whereas plumbers can't be offshored, and unlike electricians, if you have a
problem needing a plumber, quite often it can't wait until the morning and
the less wallet-busting on call rates :-)

But E seems to be more interested in rockets than water*. Maybe she'll
become a rocket scientist.

Nicholas Clark

* Particularly as the slightest amount of damp on her clothes is major crisis.