Perl Doom and Gloom

Dominic Thoreau dominic at thoreau-online.net
Thu Sep 26 13:21:25 BST 2013

On 26 September 2013 12:53, Mark Keating <m.keating at shadowcat.co.uk> wrote:

> On 26/09/2013 12:37, Kieren Diment wrote:
>
>> I've noticed a couple of threads in here recently about how perl's
>> situation is all doom and gloom.  Just so you know, I've noticed a handful
>> of new, very non-trivial perl projects to produce important infrastructure
>> of international importance over the last few months.
>>

>>  Kieren, could you private msg me a list of them please. I know someone
> with a secret community project who needs some info.
>
> Kind regards
>
> I know my last employer was very reluctant to know let anyone know we used
perl internally, as he felt if there were security holes found in the
language we'd be open to hackers.

Not that his paranoia was entirely unjustified (the company would be a bit
of a high profile target at times), but I'm not convinced it was always
necessary.

--
And a big "Hiya" goes out to the fun crew from GCHQ.