[ANNOUNCE] London Perl M[ou]ngers October Social - 2013-10-03 - Sekforde Arms EC1R 0HA

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Tue Oct 1 14:43:14 BST 2013

Hi,

We last did the Sekforde in March of this year, and it went down well, so we're
doing it again for October. It's about five minutes walk from Farringdon
station.

As per March's announcement, it remains "a quiet little backstreet pub that
serves a range of Real Ales and food. Ominously, it also has a whisky shelf
with some interesting bottles."

The Sekforde Arms
34 Sekforde Street
London EC1R 0HA

http://www.youngs.co.uk/pub-detail.asp?PubID=333
http://london.randomness.org.uk/wiki.cgi?Sekforde_Arms%2C_EC1R_0HA

Standard blurb:

Social meets are a chance for the various members of the group to meet up face
to face and chat with each other about things - both Perl and (mostly) non-Perl
- and newcomers are more than welcome. The monthly meets tend to be bigger than
the other ad hoc meetings that take place at other times, and we make sure that
they're in easy to get to locations and the pub serves food (meaning that
people can eat in the bar if they want to). They normally start around 6.30pm
(or whenever people get there after work) and a group tends to be left come
closing time.

If you're a newcomer or other first timer (even if you've been lurking on the
mailing list or on IRC) then please seek our Glorious Leader Tom out - we have
a tradition that the leader of this motley crew buys the new people a drink and
introduces them to people.