ORMs du jour?

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Mon Oct 21 17:59:01 BST 2013

On 21/10/13 17:27, Jérôme Étévé wrote:
> DBIx::Class is great if you:
>
> - Generate it automatically from your _well designed (haha)_ DB with
> DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader

Noted. And I laughed sooooo much. Well designed? It is, at least (over)
mature and not likely to change enough to be a particular problem.

> - Don't try to extend it too much. It _can_ become very messy.

Not likely to do that. I tend to wrap, rather than extend, modules that
I take from CPAN. That way I stand a chance to remain in some form of
control when (data) structure changes under my feet.

> - Wrap your business model _around_ it. (like in
> https://github.com/jeteve/jcom/blob/master/JCOM-BM/lib/JCOM/BM/DBICWrapper.pm
> ).

I will look at that.