Recommended IDE...?

Th. J. van Hoesel th.j.v.hoesel at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 11:39:25 GMT 2014

I would have been perfectly happy if Xcode for MacOS did the same thing for Perl as it does for Objective-C, it does all that:

> - contextual code completion, for example method names on a given object
> (requires knowing what class / role that object is expected to
> implement/perform)
> - automated refactorings (e.g. "replace conditional with polymorphism" or
> "extract inner class")
> - workflow-based rather than simply file-based integration with testing,
> version control, issue trackers
> (and probably a load more but I have work I should be doing)

Unfortunately, I can't get it further working for me (at this moment) as a nice code editor, with syntax highlighting and standard Perl autocompletion.

It would be great if someone would know how do setup all targets and the build process for it.

Annoyingly, our easy to write PODs are not conveniently being converted into a documentation bundles which is a lot of XML, PDF and SQLite.

It would be great to see such a thing that already points out where your code fails while writing.

#
# Send-a-Newbie - YAPC::EU::2013 Kiev
# proudly sponsored by the community
# http://www.send-a-newbie.enlightenedperl.org