Recommended IDE...?

Dave Cross dave at mag-sol.com
Fri Jan 17 12:27:55 GMT 2014

On 17/01/2014 10:18, Andrew wrote:
> Looking to try using an Integrated Development Environment.
> Is there an industry standard everyone uses and I should get familiar with,
> or will any do?

Perl programmers don't tend to use an IDE. Most of us seem to use vi(m)
or emacs.

I've heard people say good things about Komodo. Every few years I try
installing Eclipse and EPIC and then look on appalled as my machine
grinds to a halt.

Recently I've been using Padre and really like it.

Cheers,

Dave...

p.s. You started this discussion by replying to an existing message and
changing the subject line. Please don't do that. In my email program,
this discussion is now annoyingly nested within the "LWP::UserAgent and
Google thread".