[ANNOUNCE] Damian Conway Speaking at London.pm: Monday, 10th March

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Fri Feb 21 13:50:53 GMT 2014

On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 01:26:40PM +0000, Alex Balhatchet wrote:
> On 21 February 2014 13:13, David Leadbeater <dgl at dgl.cx> wrote:
> > If you care about people not having your full postcode make sure you enter
> > something else (I used SW1A 1AA).

They don't seem to be demanding anything as exacting if they think that you
are in Austria. Then again, the Austrian numeric codes are fairly naff -
the full code is roughly equivalent to part before the space in the UK
(which I believe is termed an "out code").

> Or pick something fun from this list:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postcodes_in_the_United_Kingdom#Special_postcodes

(David's suggestion is on that list)

I was not aware of that list. Useful.

Of those, "GIR 0AA" breaks the pattern for postcodes, doesn't it?
No number in the out code.

Anyway, yes, meetup.com. Lovely people.

$n people are interested in a Perl meetup in your area.
Pay us to find out who. Or it looks like you don't care.

I wonder if eventbrite will go evil if they ever manage to get similar market
share.

Nicholas Clark