Next Technical Meeting: 24th July @ Conway Hall

Tom Hukins tom at eborcom.com
Fri Jun 27 15:07:07 BST 2014

On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 02:35:42PM +0100, Chris Jack wrote:
> Is there a website for signing up to this? If I search on google for "London Perl Mongers", the likely suspects seem to be things like:
>
> http://london.pm.org
> http://londonpmtech.appspot.com
> http://www.meetup.com/London-Perl-Mongers

Hi, Chris.  I've mentioned to you before that London.pm is run by a
small number of volunteers if and when we have time.  We're always
looking for more people to help out with making things happen.  If
we're not meeting your expectations, please join in and help out.

The meeting was announced yesterday and I haven't got round to
updating the calendar on london.pm.org yet.  We no longer use
appspot.com, so there's no news there since 2012.  We'll update
meetup.com soon.

> I can find it on the Conway Hall website:
>
> http://lanyrd.com/2014/london-perl-mongers-technical-meeting

Lanyrd is not the Conway Hall's web site.  It's a worldwide events and
conferences listing site.  (Aside, one of their developers is an ex
London Perl Monger).

> but I'm guessing that's not the official location for sign up.

Whilst it would be helpful for people to sign up on Lanyrd (or meetup
when the meeting's listed there) to give us an idea of numbers, it's
not required.

So, if you (or anyone else) would like to help run the group, please
let me know.  We're not doing half the things we would like to, we
know we don't have enough time and reminding us of this achieves
nothing.  Helping out will achieve much more.

Thank you,
Tom