July Tech Meet Update

Sue Spence virtuallysue at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 16:06:14 BST 2014

Hi all,

I have 4 talk proposals now, thank you to everyone who has kindly agreed to
give us a presentation. Here is the list we have so far:

- Thomas Klausner (domm) from Vienna.pm is going to talk about OX &
AngularJS
- Alex Balhatchet is going to talk about his rewrite of Ovid's Test::Kit
module
- Mike Francis will tell us about creating a RESTful database frontend with
Web::Simple & Web::Machine and how annoying that was
- Dave Cross will natter about Github, Travis-CI and Perl

I would like to encourage everyone else to think about giving a short talk.
It would be nice to have a few 'lightning talk' style interludes in the
programme so we can give our branes a rest in between the longer talks.
These definitely don't need slides, just feel free to regale us with a tiny
tale of your Perl derring-do.

I'd also like to have a few backup talks just in case one of the other
speakers can't make it.

Thanks,
-sue