Deploying perl code

Paul Johnson paul at pjcj.net
Mon Jul 28 21:11:39 BST 2014

On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 07:51:12PM +0100, Robert Rothenberg wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 4:25 PM, David Cantrell <david at cantrell.org.uk>
> wrote:
>
> > I'm looking for tools that will make it easy to go from a bunch of code
> > in a release branch on github to an updated bunch of servers, with
> > minimal downtime. If it matters we're using Debian.
>
> At $previous, we deployed (mainly bespoke) Catalyst apps using the
> following toolchain at a small shop:

If I were designing an environment from scratch I would take a serious
look at docker.  I've been using it recently for cpancover.com and,
whilst it still has some rough edges, I really like the concept of
compartmentalising functionality.  It's probably not the whole solution
(and in this case in particular it may not be any part of the solution)
but I predict a strong future for docker. (Ha! What do I know?)

Paul Johnson - paul at pjcj.net
http://www.pjcj.net