Open/Free BSD users -- help needed to fix Test::PostgreSQL

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Mon Aug 11 06:48:43 BST 2014

>>>>> "Toby" == Toby Wintermute <tjc at wintrmute.net> writes:

Toby> I still get a lot of test failures from OpenBSD and FreeBSD users on
Toby> CPANTS, and I think it's simply down to the postgres binaries being
Toby> installed in different locations.

Toby> If you run either of those systems, would you be able to tell me the
Toby> path to the executables?

Toby> On most Linux distros, they are in
Toby> /usr/lib/postgresql/$VERSION/bin

FreeBSD puts them in a sane place: /usr/local/bin/psql etc.

As I recall, OpenBSD ditto.

Why the heck would people put "bin" stuff under a *lib* directory?
That's just... insane.

Perl/Unix consulting, Technical writing, Comedy, etc. etc.
Still trying to think of something clever for the fourth line of this .sig