Dear Dr Who experts...

David Dorward david at dorward.me.uk
Wed Oct 8 15:27:20 BST 2014

On 8 Oct 2014, at 11:19, Nicholas Clark wrote:

> IIRC there's a scene in an episode of Dr Who (in Tom Baker's time)
> where
> the Doctor escapes by climbing up through a hatch in the TARDIS
> ceiling,
> calling down a one liner to the Daleks stuck below just before he
> closes it
>
> 1) Am I remembering this correctly?

It was a ventilation shaft (I think), in the old Kaled Bunker on Skaro.
The episode was part of Destiny of the Daleks.

> 2) If so, is a clip of this online somewhere, in an easily linkable
> form? *

I can't find one.

> Further, my understanding is that in the more recent episodes, the
> Daleks
> have figured out how to overcome their previous inability to cope with
> stairs, ladders, etc, uttering "levitate" before doing exactly that.

First seen in Remembrance of the Daleks.

> 3) Is there a representative clip of this online?

Looks like someone pointed a camcorder at a TV so the quality is dodgy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1J3InFpGtQ

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.co.uk/