in town 28-30 nov - emergency meetup?

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Fri Nov 21 15:06:05 GMT 2014

On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 12:54:59PM +0000, Gareth Harper wrote:
> On 21 November 2014 12:28, David Cantrell <david at cantrell.org.uk> wrote:
> > The wifi in tube stations used to do that hateful and stupid and slow
> > and unreliable webby login thing. A coupla months ago they stopped, and
> > now my phone just connects and everything works. Yay.
> Actually it still does.  I guess you're on vodafone who use their own app
> which connects to the virgin wifi.

Nope.

> I believe the issue happens because after you've "logged in" Virgin Media
> set a cookie, which when they see it adds you to the "allowed to use this"
> list.

Maybe they've just set a sensible session expiry time so that it still
remembers my MAC address or sumfink from one day to the next.

--
David Cantrell | Pope | First Church of the Symmetrical Internet

    Erudite is when you make a classical allusion to a
    feather.  Kinky is when you use the whole chicken.