[Jobs] Senior Perl Developers - Cambridge
jouke.visser at booking.com
Mon Mar 26 07:57:53 BST 2007
My employer Booking.com is still looking for Senior Perl developers. In
Amsterdam we already have an exceptionally strong team including people
like Abigail, Philippe "BooK" Bruhat, Elizabeth Mattijsen and Rafael
Garcia-Suarez, but also people who aren't that well-known in the Perl
community but are no less skilled (or even more).
We also have a development team in Cambridge, but no Perl developers
there yet. Therefore we want to recruit Perl developers for the
Cambridge office, who can help build up a team of Perl developers over
there, working with the existing team of Java developers.
Are you interested? Read the full job description below and let us know!
You can email me directly for more information or contact Katherine
Springthorpe (ukjobs at booking.com) to apply.
BOOKING.com is the European market leader in online hotel reservations.
It is part of the US online travel agency Priceline.com, which is listed
on the Nasdaq (PCLN). BOOKING.com has offices in Amsterdam, Barcelona,
Berlin, Cambridge, Dublin, London, Loulé (PT), Norwalk (USA), Paris,
Pisa, Rome and Vienna.
Due to the strong growth of our business we are seeking Senior Perl
Developers to join our team of passionate Perl developers, for our
office in the centre of Cambridge.
Senior Perl Developers
As senior developer, you are responsible for the development and
maintenance of new web based systems. The position will require you to
work both independently and with others, leading projects, training and
working within a team of passionate and highly skilled Perl developers.
• Working with your colleagues, you will design and develop new
generation secure, scalable and high performance web based systems using
a diverse range of technologies.
• Working with the IT Manager you will co-ordinate and schedule the
technical priorities for yourself and the team
• Coaching the other developers to create a high performing team;
• Troubleshooting and resolving problems, and dealing with questions
about the current systems.
• Right to work in the UK and Amsterdam
• Degree (or equivalent) in Maths or IT is desirable;
• Experience with software development in a commercial environment;
• Wide demonstrable experience with Perl/mod_perl;
• Wide demonstrable experience with Object Oriented programming
(preferably Perl or Java);
• Experience with relational databases (preferably MySQL);
• Expert in data modelling;
• Experience with Linux and Apache;
• Excellent problem solver
• Pro-active and able to work on own initiative;
• Excellent communicative skills.
We offer you excellent conditions of employment and possibilities for
further career growth within our fast growing company.
Are you interested? Send an email to Katherine Springthorpe,
ukjobs at booking.com
More information about the Jobs