[Jobs] Lead Web Developer
Sophia.Benedictsen at OmnicomMediaGroup.com
Tue Oct 9 12:07:32 BST 2012
Lead Web Developer
About Omnicom Media Group
Omnicom Media Group (OMG) is the media division of Omnicom Group Inc. Its businesses include leading media service companies OMD Worldwide and PHD Network, as well as a number of specialized companies in areas including sports marketing, branded entertainment, econometric modeling, search engine marketing, branded content production, asset barter, out-of-home media, insert media and discount newspaper.
Your job will be to carry out development projects both big and small. You may work on link research tools, competitive data collection and analysis, working with APIs for services such as Facebook, Twitter and Google Analytics, or developing an entirely new set of tools. We're looking for an enthusiastic, pragmatic and confident developer who can make good technical design decisions, write tests and documentation, and communicate well with non-developers.
The vast bulk of our code base is written in PHP & Perl using MySQL and Linux. We're trying to improve the way we do development, and we expect you to participate in that process. We are working to add more tests and documentation to our code base, and all new work will go through code review.
* Strong Perl skills; Demonstrable knowledge of modern Perl development best practices
* Good knowledge of CPAN and the advantages it offers
* PHP, MySQL, Apache
* Zend experience a plus, but not required
* Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
* Agile development methodology (we follow Scrum Alliance)
Nice to have
* Experience working with a version control system.
* Experience with web scraping, crawling and search engines
* Some understanding of Python & Ruby, and a practical approach to which language is best to use for the task in hand
* Experience using continuous integration models.
* Strong mind set for test-driven development to build tools that last and stand up to use by diverse sets of people across an international company
* Data analysis, number crunching, and maths skills are a plus.
* Examples of any of your own projects or contributions to open source projects that you have participated in on your own time
* Experience using modern Perl frameworks such as Plack, Moose, Catalyst/Mojolicious/Dancer
* Experience using JIRA, or similar agile task management software.
* Always looking to learn new things
* Willing to take the initiative
Please forward CV to sophia.benedictsen at omnicommediagroup.com
|London | WC1E 7PH
Omnicom Media Group UK Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 4431736, whose registered office is at 239 Old Marylebone Road London NW1 5QT
P please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.
This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. Dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify us by calling our Help Desk at (212)590-7600, or e-mail to helpdeskus at omnicommediagroup.com.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Jobs