[Jobs] Opsview Perl Developer, Reading, Berkshire
peter.finnan at opsview.com
Tue Oct 23 17:09:11 BST 2012
Role: Perl Product Developer
Salary: Negotiable, subject to experience
Benefits: Health Care plan, Dental & Optical cash back Plan, Life insurance and Income Protection.
Opsview is an independent software vendor providing the award-winning Opsview Enterprise systems monitoring and application management software. Headquartered in the UK, we have development offices and sales staff in the UK and USA as well as a development centre in India. Opsview has over 20,000 users in more than 160 countries around the world and we provide a comprehensive IT infrastructure monitoring solution at a significantly lower cost than alternative proprietary vendors.
Opsview is used by our clients to manage their complex IT environments across multiple locations, delivering high availability, improved service levels and better management information. Opsview is sold both directly through our Inside Sales team and by approved resellers worldwide. We have many blue chip clients such as BSkyB, Plusnet, US Army, UPS, F5 Networks, Yale University, Ascension Health, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Motricity, Nuance Communications, and many more. We have ambitious growth plans and need highly motivated individuals to help drive our Global expansion.
We are seeking a Perl Developer who is capable of delivering new features in our Opsview product suite. This new role provides a real opportunity at the start of an exciting period of growth where your dynamism and vision could have a direct influence on the success of our Opsview business.
You will be responsible for developing the product and assisting customers with requests for specific feature development whilst providing expert technical guidance and dealing with technical issues and queries. You will report to the Development Team Leader.
Training will be provided in Opsview and other open source tools, but prior knowledge of these or similar products would be advantageous.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Developing software for our Opsview product suite
* Reviewing and contributing to functional specifications and detailed technical designs
* Developing and unit testing to these detailed designs
* Testing and QA
* Validating development estimates and timescales, and taking responsibility for meeting the resulting deadlines
* Working as directed with Open Source projects and contributing as required
* Maintaining current technical documentation at the code and design levels
* Working with service developers and operational staff to package, deploy and maintain a reliable support service based on the developed software
* Maintaining the software on an ongoing basis
* Experienced in Perl development including a minimum of 2 years experience in either Perl Catalyst web framework or DBIx::Class
* Experience of software development processes
* Experience in writing unit tests
* Computer Science, Mathematics or similar degree
* Prior experience of working for a small, high-growth company
* Experience of working within an agile scrum team
* Experience in version control systems, such as Subversion or Git
* Experience with Nagios
* Experience with SQL for MySQL
* Experience in testing with Selenium
* Experience in C programming
* Contributions to open source projects, especially CPAN modules
You must be a high energy self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision and comfortable working within a framework of objectives without the need for day to day guidance and direction.
A genuine desire to help create and participate in developing our company, culture and future success will be a pre-requisite.
For the successful candidate, we offer a competitive salary with an attractive benefit package.
More information about Opsview can be found at www.opsview.com<http://www.opsview.com>
[cid:image001.png at 01CDB141.1D3537F0]
DDI: +44 118 324 0647
Email: peter.finnan at opsview.com<mailto:peter.finnan at opsview.com>
This e-mail is confidential, intended only for the named recipient(s) above and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If you receive this message in error, or are not the named recipient(s), please notify the sender at the phone number above, do not copy this message, do not disclose its contents to anyone, and delete this e-mail message from your computer. Although we routinely screen for viruses, addressees should scan this e-mail and any attachments for viruses. Opsview Limited is a company registered in the UK under Company Number 5396532. Our registered office is Reading Enterprise Centre, Whiteknights Road, Reading, RG6 6BU, UK
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 4637 bytes
Url : http://london.pm.org/pipermail/jobs/attachments/20121023/ef3db1ed/image001-0001.png
More information about the Jobs