[Jobs] Perl Role at Net-A-Porter
hannah.manku at net-a-porter.com
Thu Jul 11 14:37:15 BST 2013
Perl Developer role at the Net-A-Porter Group
What we have to offer is unique; you will be joining a truly Agile team embedded within the business; this is an opportunity to establish a close relationship with our product owners and users and make a real difference in a fast-paced pure-play retail environment.
Our leading edge infrastructure allows us to deliver value to our business every iteration, which means you will immediately be able to contribute and make an positive impact to our business.
Our success means we are looking for the best software developers to take our platform and product forward. In return you will be exposed to the latest technologies, frameworks & methodologies in application development.
NET-A-PORTER.COM launched in June 2000 and has since successfully established itself as the world's premier luxury online fashion retailer. With its acclaimed editorial format, express worldwide shipping to 170 countries, luxurious packaging and easy returns, NET-A-PORTER offers an unparalleled shopping experience. NET-A-PORTER.COM is the flagship brand from the NET-A-PORTER group which comprises theOutnet.com, the most fashionable fashion outlet, and MRPORTER.COM, the global men's style destination.
* Work closely with other team members and the Business Analysis, Project
* Management, QA and Technical Operations teams
* Develop a good understanding of business requirements
* Write technical specs
* Ensure that work is well-planned, estimated, implemented, tested, and documented
* Build high quality web applications
* Provide 3rd line support of production systems (in-hours)
* Identify and help plan improvements to systems
* Review other team member's work
* Mentor junior members of the team
* Keep up with industry trends and experiment with new tools, technologies & development methods with a view to adopting best practices that fit the business
Required Skills & Experience:
* Able to investigate & trouble-shoot technical issues
* Able to rapidly and effectively context-switch
* Operating Systems: Linux & Windows
* Server-side development in Perl
* Version control systems
Desirable Skills & Experience:
Experience of any of the following will be useful but training will be provided to the right candidate.
* Able to build high-quality web applications
* Able to develop web-based web-based user interfaces (HTML, CSS) & APIs (JSON & XML)
* Knowledge of CPAN modules and frameworks, particularly:
DBI, DBIx::Class, Catalyst, Template Toolkit and Moose
* Experience building and testing high-availability applications
* Perl & Linux conventions
* Message queues (ideally ActiveMQ)
* Perl testing frameworks
* SQL (ideally Postgres / MySQL)
* Version Control Systems (SVN, SVK, P4, VSS, Git etc)
* Apache/FCGI & mod_perl
* Agile development methodologies
* Some knowledge of Java would be useful
We are looking for candidates that:
* Are passionate about software development
* Are good communicators with good writing skills
* Have a healthy dose of common sense and initiative
* Have a great sense of humour and attitude
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE
Please apply via our Careers Page - http://goo.gl/iGPIr
IT & FINANCE RESOURCER
[Description: cid:image007.gif at 01CE6757.2FBD3DB0]
TEL: +44 (0)20 3471 4500 DL: +44 (0)20 3471 5470
Irresistible fashion at your fingertips
The information in this email is confidential and is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not read, use or disseminate the information. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Net-A-Porter Group Limited.
The Net-A-Porter Group Limited is a company registered in England & Wales Number: 3820604 Registered Office: 1 The Village Offices, Westfield, Ariel Way, London, W12 7GF
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 4427 bytes
Url : http://london.pm.org/pipermail/jobs/attachments/20130711/11c832af/image001-0001.gif
More information about the Jobs