The Virtue of Tactfullness [was Re: "The Case for File Swapping"]

Paul Orrock paulo at digitalcraftsmen.net
Thu Nov 17 16:45:44 GMT 2005

Shlomi Fish wrote:
> Hi Mr. Schwartz!
>
> I'm sorry to say that, but you are again extremely tactless. You seem to have

[ snip ]

To call someone extremely tactless and then rant on for over 500 words about how much you don't like them and why in a public forum is ... erm ... extremely tactless.

I haven't read the diatribe against Randal and nor do I intend to, not because I think you're wrong or right but, because I think it is out of order to post something to a list that you've never posted to and then rant against people who disagree with your essay.

As Dirk rightly said "I ought to leave well alone, really, but I just can't".

The problem with answering to trolls is that you only feel better about shooting them down  until you re-read your email in the list. So that'll be me in about five mins then. ;-)

P.