Game over. We lost. Nothing to see here, move along.

David Hodgkinson davehodg at
Thu Nov 17 23:17:12 GMT 2005

Taking *nothing* away from Catalyst iteself or the presentation
which, if
you speak the language, was great. But for those who don't it was all
and no benefits.

Django and Rails demonstrably solved problems. In a kewl and
entertaining way.
With stories.

What IS it with perl? We know it's cool but it has such a bad rap.

How about we scrub the agenda for the LPW and work out how to get
as smooth as rails - imdb in 15 minutes if you will. With Ajax. We get
lights and video cameras in and demonstrate why Leo(n) won prizes, then
use our collective bandwidth to make sure it's everywhere.

Apache::Template wasn't the answer to PHP. NMS wasn't the answer to
insecure perl scripts. What's not the answer this time?