Game over. We lost. Nothing to see here, move along.

Juliet Kemp juliet at earth.li
Sat Nov 19 14:25:58 GMT 2005

On Fri, Nov 18, 2005 at 08:31:50PM +0000, Dirk Koopman wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-11-18 at 10:51 +0000, Simon Wistow wrote:
> > This long, incoherent rant has been bought to you by the unholy
> > combination of NyQuil, Benylin, Ibuprofen, Halls Soothers and
> > Camomile
> > Tea.
>
> Ah, you sound in need of Dirk's Patent Cold Cure [tm]

[snip details]

Sounds very much like mine, except that my version usually excludes the
aspirin (though it depends how bad you're feeling).

The other crucial part is *not* dragging yourself into work, infecting
everyone around you, & making the cold last longer because you're using
energy up trying to work rather than just fighting the cold (I bloody
hate working with someone with a streaming cold).  A day on the sofa
with frequent hot drinks & Buffy or similar on DVD will see off a lot of
colds before they get a hold :-)

Juliet