ADSL providers

Raphael Mankin raph at
Sat Dec 3 17:58:10 GMT 2005

With Demon you need to phone then up and do some shouting. They will then drop
your price *and* refund you what they have over-charged. And while you are
about it, write a ltter to your local trading standards office. The more people
who lodge complaints with them the better.

On 03-Dec-2005 Dave Cross wrote:
> Paul Makepeace wrote:
>> hipps wrote:
>>> intervention (power-cycle the router) to bring it back up. Plus,
>>> although Demon have lowered the price on may of their products for new
>>> customers, I remain at their old rates which, frankly, are verging on
>>> the extortionate these days.
>> To their credit Nildram have automatically a) put the line speed up to
>> 2MBps b) dropped the price to what's quoted on the website.
> Demon have also increased my line speed to 2 Mb. Not sure about the
> price tho'. Need to check that.
>> That kind of grandfathered pricing scheme is sleazy, IMO.
> Agreed.
> Dave...

                               Lead us not into temptation; we
                               can find our own way.