Domain naming (was: ADSL providers)

Nigel Rantor wiggly at
Mon Dec 5 17:56:51 GMT 2005

Simon Wilcox wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Dec 2005, Andrew Beattie wrote:
>>I used to word under a director called Keith Munt.  Don't ever call him
> I used to work with a band whose somewhat vain lead singer was called Ian
> Hunt. I don't think he ever worked out why his nickname was Issac.

Nice guy I knew at school was called Michael Hunter, he didn't like his
first name being shortened.

There was a teacher who didn't "get it" and would every so often shorten
his name during whilst taking the attendance register.

Do you suppose that every school/class has a few of these poor unfortunates?

What were the parents thinking is what I'd like to know. Which of course
leads us to assume that they were either:

a) Not thinking.

b) Evil scheming bastards who knew *exactly* what they were doing to
their offspring.

Neither is a very good thought.