Nominative Determinism (was: Domain naming (was: ADSL providers))

Dirk Koopman djk at
Mon Dec 5 21:54:17 GMT 2005

On Mon, 2005-12-05 at 16:37 -0500, Chris Winters wrote:
> On 12/5/05, Andrew Beattie <andrew at> wrote:
> > My mother had a teacher "Miss Nut".  The class thought nothing of it
> > 'till one of them opened a book that was a present from her parents.
> > Inside the cover, they had written: "To our dearest Hazel..."
> Similarly: one of my early science teachers was Kathy Watt => kwatt (arg!)

As we appear to have morphed into nominative determinism and as this is
likely to be a rich seam of interesting trivia, I offer:

My dentist in Dereham, Norfolk (and he is still "practising") is called:
Mr Screech.