"Update" to app2ed

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 15:15:30 GMT 2005

On 13/12/05, Robin Berjon <robin.berjon at expway.fr> wrote:
> On Dec 13, 2005, at 13:03, Simon Cozens wrote:
> >     Parsing: This has to be HTML::TreeBuilder and XML::TreeBuilder.

> I don't have APP2 but looking at the ToC that's online it looks like
> you don't mention XML::LibXML (which I guess is the most successful
> option these days), XML::LibXML::XPathContext, XML::Twig, etc. If you
> want to go XML there are a few options. If not covered I'd definitely
> go for one of those, probably the first in that list.

I would say that XML::Twig is pretty essential XML tool in perl, it
also ties in nicely with XML::Simple which is mentioned in the book as
it can give you a 'branch' of the XML Document Tree in the style of
XML::Simple.

I quite like using XML::DOM/Xerces to be honest - so far I haven't
needed to use a SaX engine.

Cheers,

Aaron