vector graphics drawing module

Robin Berjon robin.berjon at expway.fr
Fri Dec 16 18:33:54 GMT 2005

On Dec 16, 2005, at 18:59, Ronan Oger wrote:
> What about GTK2's SVG support? That should work for you out of the
> box.
> http://search.cpan.org/~tsch/Gnome2-Rsvg-0.05/Rsvg.pm

Last I tried rsvg it was a real pig to build on OSX and the result
was something that was still very far from being compliant, certainly
not enough for my purposes. Has it gotten a lot better recently?

> Also, you could simply use ImageMagick's convert command. It does
> everything
> you want out of the box. just like that... You might need to extend
> it to
> recognize SVG1.1 or 1.2, but probably not even that.

Same thing with ImageMagick, last I looked you got sensible results
from simple examples but it was nowhere near compliant. This is for
an automated process that will be processing all sorts of arbitrary
SVG, I need something that I can trust (and preferably fix easily if
there's a problem).

> I presume Image::Magick sorts this out for you.

I'm looking at its drawing APIs, it might be a viable candidate but
I'd like to explore alternatives first because they docs are unclear
and I have dreadful memories of working with it :)

--
Robin Berjon
    Senior Research Scientist