[OT] Videoing Windows desktop clicking

Jacqui Caren jacqui.caren at ntlworld.com
Wed Jan 4 18:02:12 GMT 2006

Minty wrote:
> On 1/4/06, Steve Mynott <steve at tightrope.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>Technically off-topic but can anyone recommend a simple, free (ideally
>>freeware and non-nagware) utility to video someone clicking around on a
>>windows desktop?
>

> Haven't used them in anger, but played with:
>
> http://www.unixuser.org/~euske/vnc2swf/
> http://www.debugmode.com/wink/

There was a good article on newsforge/slashdot recently about this
topic. - The ongoing discussion mentioned a number of tools.

I am using Wink and it is simply glorious - I have been putting together
a WUI walkthrough - linked to flow charts and XMLRPC interactions and
wink has been a godsend.

OK .swf is not exactly portable - but you can save as a sequence of
screen snapshots and then use a tad of JS to sequence em is swf is
unacceptable.

Jacqui