[ANNOUNCE] London.pm Leadership Elections

Dave Cross dave at dave.org.uk
Tue Jan 17 10:23:10 GMT 2006

Mark Fowler wrote:
> After talking things through with other members from London.pm I've
> decided it's time for me to pass leadership of London.pm onto someone
> else.

I'm sure I'm speaking for all of us when I say that Mark has been a
great london.pm leader. He's been leader now for longer than anyone else
has been in the role and that's not proof that he's a nutter who should
never be given a position of responsibility, then I don't know what is :)

So thanks Mark for all your work over the last three and a bit years.
Paul and I look forward to welcoming you to the ex-leaders corner at the
next meeting.

[ snip ]

> I'm going to nominate Simon Wistow as my potential successor.  To his
> credit Simon has been doing a sterling job acting as pub tzar, organising
> two excellent London Perl Workshops, not to mention working on a whole
> pile of Perl stuff that would take too long to list here.  He's a good
> choice for the role, and amazingly he's said he'd be happy enough to
> do it.

For what it's worth, I second that nomination. Simon has been doing a
lot of work for london.pm for... well for as long as he's been involved
with the group and I'm sure he would make a good leader.

Dave...

--
Site: http://dave.org.uk/
Blog: http://blog.dave.org.uk/