[ANNOUNCE] [SOCIAL] Thursday, 2nd of February - The Prince Arthur, Euston

Nigel Rantor wiggly at wiggly.org
Fri Jan 20 11:59:47 GMT 2006

Simon Wistow wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 19, 2006 at 09:07:27AM -0800, Ed Freyfogle said:
>
>>come on man, where's the link to stick this event in my y! calendar.
>>look forward to seeing you there
>

> It's a good point - in lieu of Barbie getting Labyrinth finished anytime
> soon I'm looking at doing various things to the website. It's the
> London.pm 5 step web plan! Kind of like Mao Tse Tung's "5 Year Plan"
> mixed in with AA's "12 Step Plan".
>

>                               * * *

Bah! Simon, that sounds like far too much work for someone who is about
(already?) to become the Beloved Leader(TM).

No, no, no, in the interests of promoting good programming practice
(Laziness) I think you should simply use this as an opportunity to get
other people to do the work for you.

Find a few rabid devotees of Catalyst/Maypole/et cetera and challenge
them thusly :

"Oh, yeah, I was going to use X but I'm not sure it would be able to
handle it, I'm going to use Y instead."

(where X is their framework of choice and Y is any other)

Then sit back and wait for them to go and prove you wrong by building
the site you want.

You'll get a collection of sites that should provide the same
functionality and we can also use it as a neato-comparison tutorial
guide for comparing all frameworks involved.

Or I could just need to go and get my coffee before emailing to the l.pm
list of course...

*dashes off to get coffee*